Master Programme By Research
Applicants applying for the Master’s programmes should have the following qualification:
- A Bachelor Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or other universities approved by the Senate with a Cummulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) ≥3.50; or
- Other relevant qualifications or experience approved by the Senate
English Language Requirements
- International students are required to fulfill the English language requirement as follows:
- Score not less than 550 in TOEFL; or
- not less than 5.5 in IELTS for particular programme.
- International students who have the academic qualifications obtained from any local university approved by the Senate will be exempted from requirement (1)(a) but are required to take Ujian Kecekapan Bahasa Inggeris (UKBI) and if they do not acquire the level set by the program, the candidates are required to take and pass Modul Kemahiran Bahasa Inggeris (MKBI).
- Faculty/Institute may grant exceptions to the English requirement for international students from countries with English as the official language or have academic qualifications obtained from institutions that use English as a medium of instruction.
Malay Language Requirements
Malay Language Courses (4 units)
All international students are required to follow two (2) Malay language courses equivalent to 4 units offered by the Citra Centre. Exemptions can be given to candidates who have taken and passed Malay language courses organized by other bodies recognized by the UKM Senate.
Master of Computing (masters programme by research) candidates are required to conduct a full-time research in the selected field and take and pass the Research Methodology Course. At the end of the programme, the candidates must submit a thesis to be examined by the panel of examiners appointed by the Faculty. Throughout the course of study, candidates are required to adhere to the following requirements:
Faculty Courses (4 Units)
All candidates must take and pass Research Methodology.
Proposal Defense and Research Progress
All candidates are required to submit and defend their research proposal and their research progress to the appointed committee members the latest by the second semester of their study to entitle them to continue their study at Master level. Failure to submit their research proposal and progress may cause their studies to be terminated.
Thesis (36 units)
All research findings must be written in the form of a thesis report. A candidate must then defend his/her thesis before a panel of examiners appointed by the faculty.
Candidates are required to produce at least ONE publication comprised of 1 journal article (ISI/Scopus).
- Full time (2 – 6 semesters)
- Part time (4 – 8 semesters)