Master Programme By Course Work & Research
List of Programme
|Accreditation Status by|
|1.||Master of Software Engineering||UKM Senate MQA|
|2.||Master of Artificial Intelligence||UKM Senate MQA|
|3.||Master of Computer Science||UKM Senate MQA|
|4.||Master of Information Technology||UKM Senate MQA|
|5.||Master of Information Science|
|6.||Master of Creative Media Technology||UKM Senate MQA|
|7.||Master of Information System||UKM Senate MQA|
Applicants applying for the Master’s programmes should have the following qualification:
- A Bachelor Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or other universitie approved by the Senate with a Cummulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) ≥ 3.00; or
- Other relevant qualifications or experience approved by the Senate
English Language Requirements
- International students are required to fulfill the English language requirement as follows:
- Score not less than 550 in TOEFL; or
- not less than 5.5 in IELTS for particular programme.
- International students who have the academic qualifications obtained from any local university approved by the Senate will be exempted from requirement (1)(a) but are required to take Ujian Kecekapan Bahasa Inggeris (UKBI) and if they do not acquire the level set by the program, the candidates are required to take and pass Modul Kemahiran Bahasa Inggeris (MKBI).
- Faculty/Institute may grant exceptions to the English requirement for international students from countries with English as the official language or have academic qualifications obtained from institutions that use English as a medium of instruction.
Malay Language Requirements
Malay Language Courses (4 units)
All international students are required to follow two (2) Malay language courses equivalent to 4 units offered by the Citra Centre. Exemptions can be given to candidates who have taken and passed Malay language courses organized by other bodies recognized by the UKM Senate.
Elective Courses (12 Units)
All candidates who register for this programme and specialized towards a related field are required to take and pass these courses.
Dissertation (28 units)
All candidates who have passed all elective courses are required to undertake a research related to their field and submit a dissertation. This dissertation must be defended in an oral examination before the examiners, appointed by the faculty.
Candidates are required to produce at least ONE publications comprised of 1 journal article (ISI/Scopus) throughout the duration of their study.
- Full time (2 – 4 semesters)
- Part time (4 – 8 semesters)