- A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies or Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and least grade C (NGMP 2.00) in any two of the following subjects:
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT) / Computer Science
- Mathematics / Mathematics M / Mathematics T
- At least Grade C/Grade 6C in Mathematics and Additional Mathematics in SPM level
- At least Band 2 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
- Pass the test and/or interview as determined by the Faculty
- A Diploma in Computing or equivalent from any educational institutions certified by the University and Government with a minimum CGPA of 3.00, and
- Acquired at least Grade C / Grade 6C in Mathematics and Additional Mathematics in SPM level, and
- At least Grade C/Grade 6C in Mathematics and Additional Mathematics at SPM level, and
- Applicants are required to provide the academic transcript from Semester 1 until the final semester, and
- At least Band 2 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET), and
- Pass the test and/or interview determined by the Faculty.
Diploma holders with no credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or equivalent may apply if the student has taken Mathematics at Diploma level which is equivalent to Additional Mathematics at SPM level (Computing Program Standard 2015 (Item 6: Student Selection)).
- A Senior High School / Senior Secondary School / Other Certificates from government schools (with a period of at least 11 to 12 years of study from Primary to Higher Secondary), or
- GCE ‘A’ Level examination obtained at one sitting, or
- A Pass in Diploma / STPM or other certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the University and Malaysian Government as equivalent to the above.
- Applicants must have good grades with an overall average of 80% including 80% or more in Mathematics and two (2) Science subjects and English Languages.
The applicants need to pass either:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500, or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with at least band 5.0, or
- UKM English Proficiency Placement Test (EPPT) with at least Band 3.