Master Programmes By Coursework
This programmes are manage by Center For Educational Extension (PKP).
- Master of Computer Science (Software Technology) (ST)
- Master of Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) (AI)
- Master of Computer Science (Network Technology) (Net)
- Master of Computer Science (High Performance Computing) (HPC)
- Master of Information Technology (Industrial Informatic) (II)
- Master of Information Technology (Information Science) (IS)
- Master of Information Technology (Multimedia System) (MM)
- Master of Information System (MIS)
Applicants applying for the Master’s programmes should have the following qualification:
- A Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or other universities approved by the Senate with a good Cummulative Grade Point Average (CGPA); or
- Other relevant qualifications or experience approved by the Senate.
English Language Requirements
- International students are required to fulfill the English language requirement as follows:
- Score not less than 550 in TOEFL or not less than 5.5 in IELTS for particular programme.
- International students who have the academic qualifications obtained from any local university approved by the Senate will be exempted from requirement (1)(a) but are required to take Ujian Kecekapan Bahasa Inggeris (UKBI) and if they do not acquire the level set by the program, the candidates are required to take and pass Modul Kemahiran Bahasa Inggeris (MKBI).
- Faculty/Institute may grant exceptions to the English requirement for international students from countries with English as the official language or have academic qualifications obtained from institutions that use English as a medium of instruction.
Malay Language Requirement
Malay Language Courses (4 units)
All international students are required to follow two (2) Malay language courses equivalent to 4 units offered by the General Studies Centre. Exemptions can be given to candidates who have taken and passed Malay language courses organized by other bodies recognized by the UKM Senate.
List of Courses
Students are required to complete four(4) compulsory courses, three(3) electives courses and one(1) project paper. List of courses is given here.
Duration of Study
- Full time (2 – 4 semesters)
- Part time (4 – 8 semesters)